Top Summer Jobs for International students in Canada

Not so many countries in the world would allow students to work while studying and this is why Canada remains a top destination for international students. As an international student who has already enrolled for a course program at a university in Canada, you are allowed to work while you study but for a limited number of hours usually part-time (up to 20 hours/week) during semesters and full-time (40 hours/week) during holidays, and you earn around.


You should know that it is not easy to get a job in Canada as an immigrant it is not for the lack of jobs, but because almost every employer in Canada requires you to have a Canadian working, and given that you are new, it becomes difficult. For international students, no one expects you to have Canadian work experience at the moment you can be employed within the school campus or off-campus during the holidays. With that, you should understand the importance of working while you are studying; it gives you that opportunity to gain some working experience.

To get you started, we have listed the list of top summer or holiday jobs for you as well part-time jobs you can do during the semester.

Highest Paying Part-Time Jobs For Students

  1. Bookkeeper: 25 CAD/hour
  2. Educational interpreter: 13 CAD/hour
  3. Customer service assistant: 11 CAD/hour
  4. Aquarium interpreter: 13 CAD/hour
  5. Sales assistant: 12 CAD/hour
  6. Cook: 13 CAD/hour
  7. Office assistant: 13 – 15 CAD/hour
  8. Human resources assistant: 13 CAD/hour
  9. Lifeguard: 12 CAD/hour

List Of Summer jobs for students in Canada

  1. Painter: 13 CAD/hour
  2. Festival coordinator: 10 CAD/hour
  3. Camp counsellor: 12 CAD/hour
  4. Programme facilitator: 13 CAD/hour
  5. Recreation facilitator: 15 CAD/hour
  6. Reading programme leader: 14 CAD/hour
  7. Entertainment activities coordinator: 15 CAD/hour
  8. Baker: 11 – 22 CAD/month
  9. Dog Walker and Pet Sitter: $ 14 per hour
See Also  Big Tigger Announces Return of Iconic Show 'Rap City'

Requirements You Must Meet to be Eligible to Work as a Student

You must:


  • Have a valid work permit
  • Hold a full-time offer of admission at one of Canada universities (a designated learning institution (DLI) at the post-secondary level or, if you are in Quebec, you must study in a vocational program)
  • If you are going to work off-campus, you will be required to hold a social insurance number (SIN). However, if you are going to work off campus, you won’t need a SIN, plus you can also exceed the 20 hours/week limit.

How to Begin Your Job Hunt as a Student

There are so many jobs available in Canada for students the problem looking in the right places. The first you need to do is get a social insurance number (SIN) which should increase your chance. Then you should look to improve your network for job search by Joining a professional/student association or committee, doing volunteer work, or participate in information sessions, business meetings. This would help connect you to people who can connect you to hidden jobs or point you in the right direction.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.