You want to further your education in UK. Good news! Biological Sciences International Scholarships is currently ongoing application at University of Leeds. In this article, we will discuss more about the scholarship, its worth, eligibility and application process.
Biological Sciences International Scholarship is offered for Master degree in the field of Biological Sciences. These scholarship is available to all qualified international Master’s students studying for a taught postgraduate course in the Faculty of Biological Sciences at the University of Leeds.
The University of Leeds is a public research university in Leeds, West Yorkshire, England. It was founded in 1874 as the Yorkshire College of Science. In 1884, it joined with the Leeds School of Medicine which was established in 1831 and was renamed Yorkshire College.
The university became part of the federal Victoria University in 1887, joining Owens College (which became the University of Manchester) and University College Liverpool (which became the University of Liverpool). A royal charter was granted to the University of Leeds by King Edward VII in 1904.
The University of Leeds has 36,330 students and it is also the 5th largest university in the UK (out of 169). From 2006 till date, the university has constantly been ranked within the top 5 with the University of Manchester, Manchester Metropolitan University, the University of Nottingham and the University of Edinburgh in the United Kingdom for the number of applications received.
However, reputable alumni include the current Leader of the Labour Party Keir Starmer, former Secretary of State Jack Straw, former co-chairman of the Conservative Party Sayeeda Warsi, Piers Sellers (NASA astronaut) and six Nobel laureates.
The University of Leeds history is attached to the development of Leeds as an international center for the textile industry and clothing manufacture in the United Kingdom during the Victorian era. The university’s roots can be traced to the creation of schools of medicine in English cities to serve the general public.
Before 1900, only six universities had been founded in England and Wales: Oxford which was founded from 1096–1201, Cambridge was founded in 1201, London was established in 1836, Durham established in 1837, Victoria was founded in 1880, and Wales was founded in 1893.
The Victoria University was founded in Manchester in 1880 as a federal university in the North of England, instead of the government improving Owens College to a university and grant it a royal charter. Owens College was the only College of Victoria University from 1880 to 1884 before Yorkshire College became the third to join the university in 1887.
Worth of Biological Sciences International Scholarships
All successful candidates of Biological Sciences International Scholarships for International Students will receive a Partial Funding reward worth GBP 2,000.
Eligibility for Biological Sciences International Scholarships
- To be qualified for Biological Sciences International Scholarships, each candidate must be self-funded.
- Biological Sciences International Scholarships is available to all qualified international Master students studying for a taught postgraduate program in the Faculty of Biological Sciences.
- To be eligible for these scholarship, applicants must begin in one of the Master’s program in the Faculty of Biological Sciences in September and be fully registered on the application deadline to be considered for Biological Sciences International Scholarships.
- Scholars achieving the equivalent of a UK upper second class degree are qualified for these scholarship.
How to Apply for Biological Sciences International Scholarships
- If you are interested in Biological Sciences International Scholarships and eligible for the scholarship, visit the university’s website to apply.
- Please note that these scholarship is automatically applied to qualified students.
Application Deadline for Biological Sciences International Scholarships
The application deadline for these scholarship is February 22, 2022.
Official Website: Click here
Not interested in this particular scholarship? See other UK Scholarships here