As scholars, ARISE International Awards program would be a progressive step in your career if you become a part of this fellowship program at EMBL. The award program will cover the topics of planning and provide services, financial management, innovation and collaboration with industry, staff management, tactical planning, managing the running of the research infrastructure, and understanding science policy and funding system.
EMBL – About
EMBL is Europe’s renowned research laboratory majorly for the life sciences. It is an intergovernmental system engaging in scientific study in areas such as: chemistry, physics, molecular biology, and computer science. The institute endeavors to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer targeting to attract applicants to balance the already existing teams – successful innovation is constructed on teams of diverse experiences and backgrounds.
Application Deadline: 30th November, 2021
ARISE International Fellowships – Summary
- Awarding Institution: EMBL
- Department: NA
- Study Level: Fellowships
- Award Type: Salary
- Number of Awards: Two
- Access Mode: Online
- Eligible Nationality: Germany, UK, Italy, France, Spain
- Location: Germany, UK, France, Italy, Spain
ARISE International Awards – Eligibility
To meet the criteria for ARISE International Awards, candidates must meet the requirements below:
- Eligible Nations: Germany, France, UK, Italy, Spain
- Eligible Courses: ARISE International Awards will be awarded in any course taught at the university.
- A degree in natural sciences or related STEM fields (Science, Engineering, Technology, and Mathematics).
- Candidates must have minimum of four years of full-time equivalent research experience (in technology development) in STEM fields, a top skills level (postdoctoral standard), or expertise in a specialty in which doctoral degrees are not often granted. Experience can be both in academia sectors or non-academic, but should be relatable to the research fields of teams and groups that are participating in the program.
- Candidates have to be experienced which is germane to technology growth related to service provision.
- Candidates must also have concrete research prospects that is evident through:
- Scientific publications
- Scientific software unique or problematic data sets
- Technical documentation or similar
- Contributions to patents
- Instances of management of technology development projects
- Thorough account of any other innovative research they have achieved and their attainments or through other ways to show experience pertinent to technology growth and scientific services.
- Candidates have to show experience in collective working.
- The ability to work autonomously and reason innovatively, terrific time management and organization skills.
- Ability to converse and work with a diverse group of personalities across the organization.
- Fluency in English Language (oral and written) and exceptional communication skills.
ARISE International Awards – Steps to Apply
To avail for ARISE International Awards, please follow the procedures below:
- To apply, applicants have to fill out the application form here.
- Needed Documents: during the online application, applicants will be expected to submit a project proposal and other documents relevant to the evaluation process.
- They must possess a university degree in natural sciences or related STEM fields (Engineering, Science, Technology, and Mathematics).
- They have to be confident in English Language (oral and written) and have excellent communication skills.
ARISE International Awards – Benefits
Recipients of ARISE International Awards will be given the following benefits:
- Applicants will be given a salary to meet up their fellowship for the 2022/2023 academic year.
- ARISE is a great program of its kind in Europe, and it is designed to train Fellows to become very skilled leaders or senior staff at research infrastructures or other service providing facilities. Participants will also be able to link/network with a diverse group of professionals.
Title: ARISE Fellowships for technology developers
Employer: European Molecular Biology Laboratory (EMBL)
Job location: Meyerhofstraße 1, 69117 Heidelberg
Application deadline: November 30th, 2021
Job type: Postdoc
Fields: Biochemistry, Bioinformatics, Biotechnology, Biophysics, Cell Biology, Chemical Biology, Structural Biology, Artificial Intelligence, Data Structures and 6 more.
For further inquire about ARISE International Awards, please visit the official website.